Advantages of Synthetic Oil
Not just oil, Pennzoil.
Benefits of Synthetic Oil
Most people would agree that their vehicle is an essential part of life and it would be tough to get along without it. Because it’s so vital to ho you live, it’s important to do all you can to take care of it. The information on this page will explain how Pennzoil synthetic oil protects your engine better than conventional oil, and why you might want to start using it the next time you service your vehicle.
Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic Motor Oil with PurePlusTM Technology delivers COMPLETE PROTECTION including:
- Cleaner Pistons: Keeps pistons up to 40% cleaner than the toughest industry standards. Additionally, keeps pistons up to 8% cleaner than Mobil 1 and up to 17% cleaner than Valvoline® SynPower®.
- Better Fuel Economy: Drive on average an extra 550 miles per year vs. a dirty engine.
- Horsepower Protection: Helps protect engines from loss of power.
- Unsurpassed Wear Protection: No other leading motor oil provides better protection from friction.
- Excellent Performance in Extreme Temperatures: Provides faster low temperature oil flow and protects in extreme heat.
Synthetic Oil Myths
Myth: Once you switch to synthetic oil you can never switch back. This is one of the most persistent myths about synthetic oil and completely untrue. You can switch back forth at any time. In fact, synthetic blends are simply a mixture of synthetic and conventional oils. It is advisable that you use the same oil for top-ups if needed, thereby giving you the best protection from the oil that you have chosen.
Myth: You shouldn’t use synthetic oil in an older vehicle. The myth is rooted in the idea that synthetic oil is “slipperier,” low in viscosity, or not as compatible with seals and will therefore leak or leak more in places conventional oil might not. Again, completely untrue. Synthetic oils will enhance the engine protection in older vehicles just as they do for new engines.
Myth: You should break in your engine with conventional oil before you start using synthetic oil. Again, there’s no manufacturer we’re aware of that makes this recommendation. Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Mercedes, Porsche, Corvette, Volkswagen, Hyundai and many other manufacturers’ vehicles come from the factory with synthetic oil.
Myth: Using a synthetic oil voids a car’s warranty. Untrue. Pennzoil synthetic oil does NOT void the warranty of your Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge or Ram and in fact Pennzoil synthetic is the recommended oil in all their vehicles.
Information found at www.pennzoil.com